- Hide and encrypt files (folders) in local drive and removable drives
- Last updated on 10/01/20
- There have been 3 updates within the past 6 months
- The current version has 0 flags on VirusTotal
Files, folders, and USB drives hidden on your PC with Wise Folder Hider can’t be seen without your password. Drag-and-drop functionality and a no-nonsense layout make WiseCleaner’s freeware easy to use, while a log-in password plus the option to set individual passwords to lock items make it doubly secure.
Double password protection: Optional Two-Tier Passwords can lock hidden files and folders with additional passwords. Password-protected items show up as Locked on Wise Folder Hider’s main list view.
Hides USB drives: Unlike many similar tools, Wise Folder Hider also hides USB drives (though obviously it can’t disguise any thumb drives connected to your PC).
Privacy: There are lots of reasons to hide files and folders on your PC, but they all start with one thing: your privacy.
No external HD: Although Wise Folder Hider can hide parts or all of an external Flash drive, it won’t do the same for external hard drives.
Paid support: Users can purchase “Ultimate 24×7 Email Support” for Wise Folder Hider (and other freeware) for an annual fee, but freeware with paid support isn’t free.
Wise Folder Hider is easy to use and effective at hiding and locking your private files, folders, and USB Flash drives. Skip the extended warranty, keep track of your passwords, and let Wise Folder Hider enforce your privacy.
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 22.214.171.124
- Fixed the issue of memory leak.
- Solved the problem that cleaning the history of File Explorer when closing the program is invalid.
- Added “Check for updates” option in the menu.
- GUI and usability improvements.